There is no expectation of privacy in a jail facility. Social visits will be monitored or recorded. Any visitor who is disruptive, causes a disturbance, is abusive towards staff, or other visitors will cause their visit to be terminated immediately. Any visitor who appears to be under the influence of any form of intoxicant, including drugs or alcohol, will not be permitted to visit and could be subject to arrest.
- Inmates are allowed two (2) one hour visits a week. For the purpose of counting weekly visits, the week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Inmates and visitors may have one (1) visit per day. An inmate will not be eligible for a visit if he/she has lost their privilege as a result of any disciplinary action.
- Inmates may visit with up to two adults. Due to the physical constraints of the visiting area, only one adult may visit at a time. If two people wish to visit an inmate during the same hour, they must sign up at the same time. Visitor changes will be made at the half hour mark only. If you leave the visiting area prior to the half hour mark, you will not be allowed back into the visiting room. Any portion of your visit used is considered a full visit. An inmate may refuse a visit. We do not advise inmates who is here to visit.
- Up to three minor children may accompany one adult. If you wish to have more than three minors visit in an hour, there must be two adults to split the visit with the children. They must sign up at the same time. Children must be constantly supervised and remain under the adult's control. If you cannot control the children you are responsible for, your visit will be terminated for their safety.
- Nothing is to be brought into the facility except I.D., keys, and necessary items for a child. The following items are specifically prohibited in the visiting room: purses, bags, drugs or alcohol, cameras, cell phones or other recording devices, cigarettes, food, beverages, pets, firearms, knives or other weapons. Possession of these items in the visiting room may result in your visit being terminated.
- No person released from the San Luis Obispo County Jail will be allowed to visit for six weeks following their release date. Individuals with pending felony court action, felony convictions or on parole or formal probation must obtain written permission from the Correctional Sergeant assigned to visitor approval prior to the anticipated visiting day.
All visitors must dress in appropriate attire. Visitors who fail to comply with the dress code will be denied their visit. Visitors' clothing must not refer to gang affiliation, display sexual or lewd comments or pictures, or have the potential for being offensive to others. Clothing must cover the upper torso and lower/mid body parts. Visitors must wear shoes.
Acceptable Forms of Identification:
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid State Identification Card
- Current Government issued Identification Card with picture, physical description, DOB, expiration date and signature.
- Current Passport or Visa
- Consulate I.D. Card (Matricula Consular)
Inmates are permitted to send and receive as many letters as they wish. All soft-bound books, magazines and periodicals must be sent directly from the publisher or retail outlet and delivered by the U.S. Postal service or mail delivery service to the below listed address. Any item which contains obscenity, items related to gambling, or material tending to incite violence, racism, riot, arson, gang activity or any other crime will not be accepted into the jail. Hard back books are prohibited. Mailing address when writing to inmates at the San Luis Obispo County Jail:
Inmate's Name (Last, First and Middle Name)
P.O. Box 15409
San Luis Obispo, cA 93406
You may use these websites to find out more about the San Luis Obispo County Jail, inmates in custody and the Courts.
- Jail Website: www.slosheriff.org
- Court Website: www.slocourts.net
- Victim Notification (VINE): www.vinelink.com
- Schedule Visits: www.gtlvisitme.com
San Luis Obispo County Jail Visiting Information
Public Visiting Hours
|8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM, 1 PM, 2 PM||7:30 PM, 8:30 PM||7:30 PM, 8:30 PM||8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM, 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM||8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM||12 PM, 1 PM, 2 PM, 7:30 PM, 8:30 PM|
|7:30 PM, 8:30 PM||7:30 PM, 8:30 PM||8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM||12 PM, 1 PM||12 PM, 1 PM||8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM|
|Men's Building #1||Saturday||12:00 PM to 3:00 PM|
|Men's Building #2||Sunday||12:00 PM to 3:00 PM|
|Women's Bunks 1-12||Saturday||12:00 PM to 3:00 PM|
|Women's Bunks 13-26||Sunday||12:00 PM to 3:00 PM|
Sign Up Information
- All visitors must check in 45 minutes prior to the hour they wish to visit. Seating is limited. Once visiting is full, no further visits will be accepted for that hour. Failure to be in line 45 minutes prior will cause you to wait until the next scheduled visiting time.
- Inmates will visit in the area assigned to their housing unit. They will not be moved to another area simply because their visiting area is full.
- Other visits (Attorney, Official, etc.) may not be available during public visiting hours. Special visits must be approved by the on duty Correctional Sergeant.
- Due to the limited time constraints of visiting sign-ups, NO deposits to inmate accounts will be accepted during sign-up time.
- No entrance or exit from the jail during lock-down hours. This applies to all persons including probation, lawyers, doctors or programs.
Jail Lock-Down Hours
- 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- 11:00 PM to Midnight